• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.2.1 macOS GPU problems

Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming from InDesign 16.1, since updating to 16.2.1 this morning the GPU document view renders 3/4 of the document window black and displays an disorted view of the pages.

I’m using a MacBook Pro Retina 2017 with macOS 11.3.1. Already tried the usual troubleshooting steps, like disable GPU switching, SMC und PRAM reset.

It is usable in CPU-mode, but not in GPU-mode. Other Applications like the current version of PhotoShop are performing GPU intensive tasks without any problems.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Todays update to InDesign 16.3.2 actually fixes the problem.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still an issue! I just purchased a Mac with M1 and InDesign has a ton of "ghost" lines all over - moving around removes them only to have them appear in other places. The Adobe tech turned off GPU and then reduced the Greek Pt. size to 2. It worked temporarily - but the lines are back! WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED??? Such an expensive subscription with poor quality delivery to an expensive machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a fix for this? I'm on M1 with the GPU issue - suddenly with V17.1 I can't view in GPU at all... also rendering issues too when I could. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with InDesign 17.1 on my MacBook Pro M1 max with the current release of Monterey (12.2) I only sometimes have some minor redrawing issues in GPU mode. Zomming in or out normally resolves those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is I can’t view in GPU at all. Have you heard of any resolution?

(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the the previous version (17.0.1) was working ok for you, why don’t you downgrade to that?

From wihin the Creative Cloud app choose applications, all applications. There you see a list of installed applications. Each row ends with three dots. Click on the three dots that belong to InDesign, an then on "other versions". Install whatever version was working for you.

This is the fastest way to get work done. Waiting for a fix normally takes longer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines