• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 16.2.1 Screen Glitches

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant find anyhting eles ein the forums. This happens on both my 2019 iMacs. One is the top end i9 with Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB card, so I know its not the lack of graphics grunt. 
this happens occasionally ONLY in InDesign. See the attached video for what it does. Only happens when I move around and intteract with the document. Stops as soon as I move away from InDesign. Lasts for about 30sec-1min then all fine usntil an hour or two again! GPU Performance is switched on.

Very odd. Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed to death. There are plenty of discussions about it but these forums are not that easy to search. Turn GPU Performance off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BobLevine - Ok, will try that. Odd as ive never had this issue before so must be a 16.2.1 or 16.2 issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BobLevine, so I tried the option of turnin off the GPU and today it started doing the attached. Randomly jumping in and out of the app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, this just happened again with Illustrator too! First time. Hmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took another look and I don't think this is the same problem others are experiences. Whatever it is, doesn't even seem to be specific to InDesign. It appears to be a system problem. As crazy as this may seem, try another mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, not the mouse, tried that... Strange that it seems to clear when I navigate away from an Adobe app to Finder or email client though. Could be something inherant with underlying Adobe installation in general. Never happened using any other apps, just appears to happen the most when in InDesign I suppose as thats the app im in the most.

Appreciate your help, will persevere on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party apps installed? Utilities? I'm grabbing at straws here but it looks like something wonky with choosing active windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did used to use "Better Sanp Tool" for a while, but dont anymore... Perhaps there is something in that - may uninstall alltogehter and see. Pretty sure this happened before that.
In fact, cant be that as I dont have that on my other iMac at home and that has the same glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. 2019 iMac, i9 processor with Radeon Pro 580X 8GB. Happens in Illustrator, Photoshop and now InDesign. Only the issue I had with InDesign today was where the Dock and Finder menu bar kept turning on and off.

With GPU performance turned off these issues go away. But then it's painful to use the Adobe applications without it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...just had it happen in Lightroom, too. Managed to catch a video of it. GPU acceleration was turned on.

You'll notice it's when the cursor is flicking over the Dock. When I switched to a non-Adobe application, Preview in this case, and went back to Lightroom, the glitches stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8GB of RAM isn't really enough to run the recent versions of InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the VRAM. I'm running 40GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest a setup with 8gb of VRAM and 64gb of ram would be enough to power PS, ID and IL.

Gotta be some ropey code in there somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines