Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.3.2 Crashing on MacOS 11.5.1

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently updated my inDesign to 16.3.2 on my MacOS Big Sur 11.5.1. Unfortunately it keeps crashing on me. I've tried uninstalling it and installing it again as well but it still keeps happening. Has this been an issue with anyone else? Are there any suggestions that I may try that could help me out?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that is really frustrating! It would be really helpful if you could share a few more details like:

• Could you please share a sample document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html)
  • Does InDesign crash if you launch it first (without directly opening with files)?
  • Are you able to create new documents and save them? Do these new documents also cause InDesign to crash?
  • Upload and share a

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have reset preferences multiple times, have restarted multiple times and it still keeps crashing on me. I can't get my work done because it keeps crashing on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the crashing. I can understand your frustration. Could you please share a few more details:

• Does the crash happen after InDesign is open or while initializing?
    • Does a crash happen while opening a document?
    • Does a crash happen while performing an action in-app like saving a file, using any tool, export, import?
    • When did this issue start happening?
    • Upload and share crash report by following these steps ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html ).

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, please try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign... ) and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Thank you for your suggestions. I just submitted another crash report. I've lost track since it's been a few already, except this one I checked the option that allows you to see my email address. 

I am working with InDesign files that have Illustrator files linked to them. Except that the crash doesn't seem to be triggered by anything in particular. It's happened when I've been updating the linked file or even just trying to update something in my InDesign document. At times it just quits on it's own and no real reason for it. 

This issue started when I updated the Adobe InDesign to 16.3.2. I also uninstalled it and installed the previous version 16.3.1 and the crash still occured. I did an update recently to MacOS 11.5.1 and I hadn't had this issue with any Adobe programs prior to my MacOS update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. Could you please confirm if this is happening while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please package the document with fonts & linked files and share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. Also, where are the linked files stored (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also crashing when trying to open files from BOX. Tried copying files to local machine but same results. 
OS 10.14.6

Not a helpful response other than you're not alone in the latest ID update frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that is really frustrating! It would be really helpful if you could share a few more details like:

• Could you please share a sample document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html)
  • Does InDesign crash if you launch it first (without directly opening with files)?
  • Are you able to create new documents and save them? Do these new documents also cause InDesign to crash?
  • Upload and share a crash report by following these steps ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html ).

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, we have recently released an update for InDesign (v 16.4), which contains some stability fixes. I would recommend you to update and let us see how it goes.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines