• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.3 - Share for review is still broken

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to version 16.3 hoping that share for review may have finally been fixed, but it has not. Clicking the update link results in the same problem with the file not being updated. This is getting extremely frustrating, I need to update the link as I am having the client re-activate resolved edits because they cannot see the updated file.

I have tried re-booting, signing out of creative cloud etc etc. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 8.46.58 am.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your indesign preferences?

When InDesign is launching

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts
  1. Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt.
  2. Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command.

Failing that

Export the file to IDML - open that in InDesign -resave it as a new name.

Try it again.

If still no look.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will exporting the file to IDML and resaving it break the comments? I don't think the client will be too impressed if they lose them all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so saving as IDML and then resaving with a new name removes all existing comments, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of using share for review. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still getting stuck at exactly the same spot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed 16.3.1 this morning. The document synced perfecly first go (first time I have been able to since last week).

Unfortunately the celebration was short lived, I made some more changes to the document and now it will not update the link and gets stuck at the same spot.

Is there a certain amount of time that we must wait before updating the document? there was probabably only 7 minutes between sync attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share for Review link generation/updation may depend on the network speed. Once you see the spinning cursor, it means that the process is happening and should get completed in a few moments. There is no waiting time that is required before updating the document - it should be instantaneous.

How long is the document? The delay may be because the document may be having a lot of large hi-res graphics, etc.. That said, Share for Review would work for even a long, heavy document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document is not overly large (48 pages of mostly text).  We have fibre internet so the problem is not with network speed.

I have done some more testing at it appears the document is actually updating the web version, but the upload counter gets stuck for some reason. This means that I cannot update the document web version again without closing and re-opening InDesign to clear this counter. The "Last Updated" time is also incorrect and does not reflect the last time it managed to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon said: "Will exporting the file to IDML and resaving it break the comments?"

Hi Simon,

yes it will.

Also it will break the comments if you do a Save As.

Even if you do a Save As to the same file.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature (if you can call it that) is still broken. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 8.25.36 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets worse now, I'm back to his document to make more changes, when I try to update the link InDesign simply crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using version 16.4.0.54 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines