• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 16.4 and MacOs Monterey

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated my M1 MacMini to Monterey and my Indesign 16.4 are now behaving erratically.

Sometimes I click in the menu bar and it doesn't do nothing. If I click again it opens the window and closes it again. Only solves when I quit Indesign.

Inesign is also crashing more often.

Already recreated a new user profile and indd preferences.

By now updating to InDesign 2022 is not a solution because we are using Woodwing software and for 2022 we also need to update the woodwing server.

Does anyone know any limitation and possible workaround with indd 2021 and MacOS Monterey.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Just as a sidebar to Derek's suggestion: IDML files are fine for one time backsaving of documents but as a regular part of one's workflow they can have erratic results with files that have gone back and forth more than once. I have specifically seen type ragging and serious issues with pasteboard margins with files that have made the round trip too often. The best solution ultimately will happen when you are able to upgrade to CC 2022. Great care should always be taken in updating to the latest

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an M1 (Macbook Pro) with InDesign 17.3 running under OS 12.3.1 without any issues.

Maybe install both versions of InDesign and save docs as an IDML for opening in 2021 (it's bit of a laborious workflow and not sure if it will work!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as a sidebar to Derek's suggestion: IDML files are fine for one time backsaving of documents but as a regular part of one's workflow they can have erratic results with files that have gone back and forth more than once. I have specifically seen type ragging and serious issues with pasteboard margins with files that have made the round trip too often. The best solution ultimately will happen when you are able to upgrade to CC 2022. Great care should always be taken in updating to the latest operating system. Both Apple and Microsoft produce their OS without a lot of consideration for older software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines