• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 17.0.1 lockups ? from Share for Review

Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the upgrade to InDesign 17.0.1 x64 Windows (Win10 current build), I have been unable to edit a ~300-page document (editing text, or cutting and pasting) without it locking up. Each time, even if I wait for an hour on a very high-end machine with lots and lots of RAM, I have to use Task Manager to close InDesign. And then reboot and chksk /f /r to fix hard disk errors.

Not sure if this is related, but I keep getting a blue popup at the bottom offering to update my Share for Review for this document to the latest version, even though I had previously deleted the Share for Review from this document. When I open Share for Review, either via the blue popup, there is no Share for Review there for me to update.

I tried saving the file to an .idml file and then opening it as a new .indd file, but the lockups still occurred. I then created a new file from scratch, and started pasting text and graphics from it, story by story and graphic by graphic, into the new file. When I pasted a story to bring the file up to 156 pages:

AAAAAAH!  I got the dreaded blue popup to upgrade my Share for Review, even though I had definitely not created one for this new file. Again, there was no Share for Review there for me to delete. I tried to create a new Share for Review so that I could delete it. I got an "Error creating Artifact" error. I tried again. I left it whirring, with the blue circle going round and round. When I clicked on the blue circle to open the Background Tasks panel, I saw it stuck at 3%. I went to fix lunch.Twenty minutes later, after my lunch was fixed, I checked again:

InDesign-Share-for-Review-Lockup.jpg

After another 15 minutes, it still said "Cancelling…" so I gave up on it, and tried a trick that has unstuck Share for Review in the past: I opened a small, 2-page file, and updated its Share for Review. I waited for 5 minutes, and this is what I saw:

InDesign-Share-for-Review-Lockup-2.jpg

I tried to exit InDesign gracefully, and saw this:

InDesign-Share-for-Review-Lockup-3.jpg

I then used Task Manager to close InDesign, and rebooted my computer with chkdsk /f /r to reclaim hard disk sectors from this InDesign lockup. Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend following the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if that helps to improve the performance of the app.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of that helped, but updating to version 17 did. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines