InDesign 17.0.1 sluggish on MacOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019 Macbook Pro with 32 GB memory runnung Big Sur.

I have read several posts on this subject. I have restarted and reset preferences. That did not help. I tried turning off wifi, and that helped a little, but not for long.

Is there a good list somewhere of preferance settings or other things to try?

I use InDesign for textbook layout and am dealing with chapter files that are 20-30 pages long. Mostly text frames, and a few grayscale graphics.

This is very annoying and multiplying my edit time by 10 at least!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about that. I would suggest you try the following steps and let us know how it goes:
Note: For testing purposes only, keep all the files & links on the desktop and turn off the Internet.

1. Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please check if turning it off/ disabling it help resolve the issue?
  2. Please check if turning off preflight  (Window > Output > Preflight > Deselect the checkbox) help resolve the issue?
         Anshul_Saini_0-1639170460595.png
  3. Please try different Display options (View > Display Performance) in InDesign. I recommended working on Typical Display.
  4. Please try turning on/off GPU performance from InDesign preferences (cmd + k > GPU Performance > GPU Performance and see if that helps?

Also, you may try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...).

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines