Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 17.0 glitchy display when scrolling etc

Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I zoom or scroll, the page displays with horrible glitches (see attached image). It can be resolved by cmd+0 or cmd+1 but it's pretty inconvenient! Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Turn off GPU rendering in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Frans. I've just checked that out and it looks like it's off already (I've attached a screengrab). It's even doing it in Fast and Typical display modes and definitely didn't do this until I updated to 17.0.

I'm running an 2020 M1 Mackbook Pro with 16gb of RAM by the way (sorry, I  should have mentioned that in the original post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try looking at this thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/weird-glitch-while-panning-and-scrolling-in-inde...

The comments about screen scaling fixed it for me. Try different size settings. I had been using the tool EasyRes to set a custom scaling and that may have been what was causing the issue for me. 

Either way seems like a bug on Adobe's side as this didn't occur before version 2022 came out. Hopefully they will fix it at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines