The Jan 2022 InDesign (17.1) update is now available for download from the Creative Cloud Desktop application. You should see improved user experience, stability, performance enhancements and bug fixes in this release.
Note:- This is a phasewise rollout and the updates will be available to users of different countries in the next few days. Check your notifications in the Creative Cloud Desktop application or refresh the application to check for updates.
The following user experience issues have been addressed:
- Few icons in the Links panel are of low contrast.
- InDesign 2022 is not selecting the correct PNG for Display Resolution.
- [mac OS only] Resizing/Truncation issues with Object Layer Options dialog.
- [macOS only] Fill & Stroke panels are truncated at Large UI Scaling.
- Removal of Ai and Ps icons from Keyboard Shortcuts dialog in InCopy.
- Improved appearance of icons, adornments, and readouts.
- Rollover icons are not shown when the rollover icon is different from the base icon.
- [macOS only] Text in Story Editor overlaps while scrolling down using the scroll bar.
InDesign 17.1 also provides fix for the following Stability and Performance related issues:-
- InDesign crashes on loading CEP plugins.
- InDesign 2022 crashes on launch or while quitting in some cases.
- InDesign takes a long time to open some documents with extra file metadata.
- [macOS Only] Table performance slows down when the Application Frame is enabled.
Please update to the latest build by following the steps provided in this link - Check for latest update.
I am locking this post. Please create separate posts to share your observations or feedback with us.