• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

InDesign 17.2.1 Won't Launch

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Been trying to get into InDesign for about an hour now. Can't get past the boot up screen - it hangs and becomes unresponsive on the greyish brown of the "project select" screen. Doesn't budge. Tried the preference clear, amongst other things. 

Would love some help. It's not even technically crashing - just hanging with the spinning beach ball of death.

Let me know!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Already cleared your preferences, huh? Well, if you have a Spinning Beach Ball of Death, you're on a Mac. So in your shoes, I'd try it from a different user. If you make a new user (System Preferences -> Accounts) and log in as that user and you still can't get InDesign to start up the new user, I'd say  that your install of InDesign is probably damaged in some way. It may be time for a full uninstall/reinstall, probably using the Adobe CC Cleaner. If it does work from a new user, it means that your day-to-day user account has something going on that is interfering with Indy starting up. I'd go to System Preferences -> Accounts -> Log-in Items and start turning stuff off, then restarting and trying Indy again. 

I actually haven't owned a functional Mac in a while, so that's all from memory. Hope it's helpful (and similarly, I hope that some of the Mac-using regulars can chime in with stuff that I've forgotten on my years-long absence from the platform). 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines