• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign (17.2) opens but crashes

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently I was planning to do a publishing project. When I decided to start designing, I opened InDesign. It took a while to open and, when it did, the window didn't want to show up (I have a Surface Studio 2). I then had to close every window to be able to see the InDesign window. However, I wasn't able to click anything, it just wouldn't let me. It was as if the click button didn't work within the program. 

So, after a few tries opening the Task Manager to end the program processing and then opening it again, I decided to uninstall it and install an older version. 

Now, it did open as quick as it did before and it was also letting me create a new file. The problem was that it was freezing just the same way right after creating the file. I can see everything on my screen; the tools, the panels, everything. Except I can do nothing, it just won't click anything! It's frozen. 

After a two or three days, the InDesign update (17.2) was released and I immediately updated it hoping this would fix the problem. It didn't. It still loads the welcome page, I can still create a new document (I have creating very small documents with just 1 page just to see what happens) but no matter what I do, it will still freeze. 

I've had Photoshop and Illustrator running at the same time as InDesign, but they work just fine (except ID, of course). I've also tried uninstalling InDesign and deleting folders related to InDesign. I've even tried this thing I saw online where you relaunch InDesign and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift. Still nothing. 

I don't know what else to try, can I get any help?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS and version? What is the configuration of the computer (memory, disk, graphics, ...)?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually it is a Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines