Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 17.3 (2022) not opening after Installation

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a MacBook Pro 14-inch, 2021 running macOS Monterey version 12.2.1

I have recently installed Photoshop and Acrobat DC (from Creative Cloud App) that run fine. However, after installing InDesign, I try to open the App and it freezes after the splash screen (see attachment). I have tried restarting mac, uninstalling/reinstalling, installing earlier version (16.0) but nothing seems to work. Also tried resetting preferences (even though it is the first time that InDesign has been installed on this machine) and deleting "Adobe InDesign" folder and "com.adobe.InDesign.plist" (as has been suggested from other similar discussion posts) file but nothing works.

Anyone got any ideas?

Graeme

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

... in frustration, I did an erase and reset on my MacBook and reinstalled Creative Cloud App and from there installed InDesign ... it works ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you try to reset preferences? Like this?
Quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, did it but made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked through the 'Resetting InDesign' section and some of the steps enabled InDesign to load a little bit further (ie. a few boxes/panels to appear) but not to load fully. I then tried the Cleaner tool. However, I didn't get the message: "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool completed successfully". Even after an hour. Apparently it should take around 2 minutes.

This from a forum user:

a few minutes, if used correctly. to use correctly you should:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

then clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

This seems odd to me because if you uninstall the apps, how do you select them in the cleaner tool?

Anyway, suffice to say that it didn't work. I then tried to uninstall InDesign but it again, just hung there not doing anything. Then tried to cancel the uninstall process. Now it's trying to cancel ... its been like this for about 8 hours (see attachment). With the computer fans wirring away like crazy.

My computer is only 2 weeks old so I'm thinking that the last resort is to do a factory reset and erase everything and start again!

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... in frustration, I did an erase and reset on my MacBook and reinstalled Creative Cloud App and from there installed InDesign ... it works ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem, but on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys. Keep the keys down until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines