• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 17.3 crashing when scrolling on properties panel.

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working on a document, if I have an object selected and then scroll down the properties panel InDesign will crash. The version I am running is 17.3. I have tried restarting the machine and resetting my preferences for InDesign. I do not think that it is a corrupt file as this has happened on multiple files. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Hi @EMMA5E8A ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. If it's happening on multiple files, have you tried re-installing the application? If not, please try uninstalling InDesign using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and then re-installing InDesign, and in case that doesn't help, please share the version of the Operating System. If you want you can take a backup of any customization you made in the preferences by following the steps shared here as any preferences customization will be lost while doin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EMMA5E8A ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. If it's happening on multiple files, have you tried re-installing the application? If not, please try uninstalling InDesign using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and then re-installing InDesign, and in case that doesn't help, please share the version of the Operating System. If you want you can take a backup of any customization you made in the preferences by following the steps shared here as any preferences customization will be lost while doing a clean re-install.  

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before using the Cleaner tool, can you confirm the OS version and how much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have on your system.  Also do you have any third-party plugins installed, such as a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines