• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 17.4 Layout

Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened a pdf book in Indesign 17.4 using a script. The book has crop marks that I want to lose by expanding the text frame so that the crop marks are outside the page boundary. So I go to the master page, expand the text frame, and expect that to be applied to all pages but it is not. I google the issue and am told to 'Enable Page Layout' but this has now disappeared from the Layout menu. So how can I do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Hi @m5heath ,

if the placed PDF is one PDF page per InDesign page use the MultiPageImporter script to place the PDF again and trim every PDF page while doing this to the trim area, the trim box of the PDF:

https://github.com/mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter/releases

Well, best show a screenshot of an InDesign page with a placed PDF page and mark what elements should be removed.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find it much simpler to crop the book in Acrobat Pro before importing.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that but the crop marks are still showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it usueful to create an Object Style for the altered frame on your Master, where you specify the fitting, position and crop options. This should carry through to all subsequent pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that advice - I will try it out but the pdf has frames that alternate between left and right offsets, presumably to keep the text a little away from the central spine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m5heath ,

if the placed PDF is one PDF page per InDesign page use the MultiPageImporter script to place the PDF again and trim every PDF page while doing this to the trim area, the trim box of the PDF:

https://github.com/mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter/releases

Well, best show a screenshot of an InDesign page with a placed PDF page and mark what elements should be removed.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a good solution - let me experiment!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this works perfectly using the positioning options. Yea! Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines