• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 17.4 slow performance when editing text Windows 11

Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time now, I'm having to disable pictures display (make them all greyed out) in order to speed up text editing? I have no idea what's happening. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Just tried "Updating" my NVIDIA GFX1070 video card GeForce "Experience" and deselecting "Game Overlay" which kept coming up every time I tried to use specific shortcuts in Photoshop, like Ctrl + Alt + P, to open up the Select and mask feature. In Photoshop, the "Overlay" appeared over my Desktop window but it did not interfere with any Photoshop commands. It was just annoying to see it constantly "popup" in response to some keyboard shortcut. 

Like I said, I just tried "disabling" the Game overl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried "Updating" my NVIDIA GFX1070 video card GeForce "Experience" and deselecting "Game Overlay" which kept coming up every time I tried to use specific shortcuts in Photoshop, like Ctrl + Alt + P, to open up the Select and mask feature. In Photoshop, the "Overlay" appeared over my Desktop window but it did not interfere with any Photoshop commands. It was just annoying to see it constantly "popup" in response to some keyboard shortcut. 

Like I said, I just tried "disabling" the Game overlay feature and it seems to work? Or solve the problem of InDesign slow text editing "lagging"? I'll be keeping an eye out... 

Here's a screen capture of the "offending" NVIDIA setting :

NVIDIA.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should discuss this with Nvidea - they have excellent support. The last time I had an issue with a Driver they were able to give me a link to the specific driver I needed for it to run without issues. 

They are very helpful. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out I never need this "Game overlay" in the first place, I don't play games on this computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines