• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 17 freezes for 45 seconds turns black then shows Apple login page

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Big Sur/Macbook Air M1. InDesign 17 (2022) freezes for 45 seconds turns black then shows Apple login page. Happening while editing layout text in simple 52 page layout. Tried with and w/o monitor, mouse, keyboard attached, deleted preferences, reinstalled InDesign, tried turn off GPU. I "save as" layout when I login again but concerned document will corrupt and wasted 4+ hrs yesterday resaving and redoing parts that had not saved while working though saving often. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what M1 Air have you?

Do you have Plug ins or extensions installed?

It could be a font issue.

1 - Can you check the system requirements? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/system-requirements.html

2 - If all is good, go to check plug ins and extensions

3 - If all is also good, go to check fonts.

After that, is this issue happen only on this file or when you do a specific action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased MacBook Air M1 as few months ago with 16 GB memory, 2TB HD. Other projects on the computer were smaller projects and mostly using for email, etc however purchased to use for brochure and magazine design. This project started a year ago on 2014 MacBook Pro running Catalina but put on hold. I think problem started after the longest list put in. Tried to recreate on a recent smaller text heavy document—worked 15 minutes without success. On the longer doc it can happen after half hour or a few minutes.
I looked at plugins and fonts under the System Report but not sure what to look for. Is there another place to check plugins and extensions, and fonts? Should I talk with Apple or must be software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update and need help... On my new Air the problem also crashed then to Login while Googling. Apple store could not find hardware issue but is exchanging air since within buying period. NOW I have been working on that InDesign project on old 2014 Macbook Pro and after working for awhile it froze went to black and to Login screen. Is this an InDesign issue...I can't be corrupting or losing a project and resaving (versus saving) the file frequently is not a good work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines