• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 18 AND MacOS Ventura: missing panels

Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a restart the default state of all CC apps seem to be that my panels are missing.

After ‘reset workspace’ they are live again.

Anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for being patient. Please confirm if you're using an external monitor. If yes, please try removing the external monitor and share the results.

Workaround:

Some users are finding relief by disabling the application frame and resetting the workspace as a solution.

We're still looking into the problem, which appears to be occurring on macOS Ventura.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for being patient. I have logged a bug for the issue, and thank you, @philwareham, for sharing the logs. The team is investigating the issue. Could you please post the bug on the InDesign Uservoice page and share the link with us for tracking purposes?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues as well with my CC apps. This is very disruptive to the work flow. I do have additional monitors.  Hoping this is resolved soon. I wouldn't have ugraded if I knew this was happening. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue on my MacBook Pro since updating to macOS Ventura. (And again the same thing on my Mac Studio at work.) Even with the latest version of InDesign 2023 (version 18.2).

Since 4 months Adobe tells us they are looking into the problem and I wonder: how much longer so they need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicorohrbach,

We understand your frustration, as the issue has been there for a while now. Would you mind sharing your Adobe ID, phone number, and location with me over a private message?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something that can be addressed for all CC products as all versions of ID and AI are "broken" as the workspaces need to be reset every time I launch any program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have worked out a work-around: I defined a short-cut for ‘reset work-space’ to my F19 key throughout the entire CC Suite (Indesign/Illustrator and Photoshop) but it remains a pain in the bottom department having to think about hitting the F19 every time I restart my Mac and/or applications…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, that sounds like a simple workaround for now. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does pressing Tab twice (with nothing selected) achieve the same effect - i.e. brings the panels back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in my experience - only way is to reset the workspace. Best way I've found is to create your own worksoace you are happy with and save this as a preset - then reset to that each startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this too with Ventura via InDesign/Photoshop & Illustator 2022 (since upgrading from 2021, older version due to custom plugin within Indesign for main client) I do not use the 'application frame', so no fix there. I have to reset workspace every time I open the apps. I have M1 max Studio with external mointor via the studio display (I know right fancy pants).... would love to know if a fix due soon as ill be stuck like this for at least a year before clients upgrade to CC23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is almost no chance of anything other than a security update being issued for older versions of Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this bug has crept into all versions of ID and IL and not only part of the old version. Since I have clients that run all versions of ID and IL, I need to keep them all on my machine. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG really!!!!! doooomed! I thought would be due to being 1 version  behind....maybe there is hope....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so frustrating, I wonder if its the 'new' preference's bug come back to haunt for 3 versions?, I can get away with updating Ai and Ps but not Indesign. the companies I work for are at least a version behind as a rule. Well it was worth posting! Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thought I'd just pop in here and say that the missing panels bug seems to have been fixed for a few weeks now in all my Adobe apps (not sure what version or MacOS update fixed it, but the issue hasn't arisen for me for a while). So that's good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines