• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2019 removed from Apps

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I recently had an issue with an external hard drive which I get recoved after a crash and when I went to open any indesign files it the files wouldn't open. Any older files crashed, so I decided to remove indesign and re-install it, but to my horror Indesign 2019 is gone from the Apps available which means I could only download 2018 version which has issues trying to open 2019 files. Unfortuantely, I can't upgrade to 2020 as my computer is too old as the 2019 version was the highest I could update to currently. So I suppose the question is - is there a way of getting back Indesign 2019?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AlCollins,
Only the latest two versions of the Creative Cloud apps are supported and available for download. You can try and download the older versions of the Creative Cloud apps from the following website. If the links mentioned on the website don't work, then it means that Adobe has discontinued providing the download and genuine installers are not available anymore.

-Manan

(Link modified by the Moderator ^VS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan, Thank you for your response and after reading my post again, I'm surprised you did 😉 Thank you so much for the link, this will save me so much pain trying to open newer files on the older version. Much appreciated!

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlCollins,

do you have a backup of the old Adobe InDesign CC 2019 folder in the Application folder?

With TimeMachine perhaps when on Mac OS?

That could be the solution if the downloadable installer for CC 2019 will not install the bug fix version of InDesign CC 2019.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Uwe but got sorted by Manan's post in which I was able to download the 2019 version again. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines