• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.1.1) stuck while "activating font" on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC reports a font could not be activated due to a conflict, yet the "Activating Font" task is stuck until I quit InDesign. When I try to export a PDF, it is stuck behind these never-ending tasks in the queue, thus preventing me from exporting it. Bug?

(MacOS Catalina 10.15.4, Indesign 15.1.1)

This keeps going until I quit iDThis keeps going until I quit iD{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

I am also having this issue woth 15.1.1. Tried the help link steps with no avail. Must be a google font syncing issue. Went back to v15.1 from 15.1.1 and works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

I was also stuck in an endless loop of "activating font" - in this case default Minion Pro.

My workaround:

Ctrl + Alt + Delete > End Task

Update Creative Cloud

Update InDesign to 16.0.1

Solved! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a sharm:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS ONE is the best solution so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked immediately! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briliant, forgot it was in there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG soooooo helpful thank you. I had an urgent job and I was going round in circles and couldn't get it to PDF. Couldn't proof it, couldn't get it to the printer arghhhhH! all sorted now. Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just used this solution in 2023. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2024, just needed to apply this solution, still works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all this multiple times in different combinations and still get the fonts stuck in an activation loop in the background task window. Also, I can't access the fonts in CC desktop. The page is blank and I get a perpetual wait wheel. This is the issue on my new Macbook Pro 13" M1. Not sure if this helps. On my desktop I've got no issues. Not great if I want to work while away from my home. 

In terms of workflow, I'm accessing ID files over a remote server. Not sure if that matters. I thought maybe the CC desktop app issue is linked to the fonts not activating in ID.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking maybe it was a file migration issue -- I transferred all files over from another mac -- I also repaired CC desktop app. That didn't work. I tired signing out of CC on my desktop. Nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a fresh reinstall using the M1 installer and that did the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, this worked:
– Deactivate Adobe Fonts
– Reboot InDesign and delete preferences (Restart InDesign while pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click 'Yes' when asked if you want to delete preference files.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an incredible embarrasment for Adobe. Let's leave alone the fact that this font was a basic common font available on the install of my home office but somehow not already set up at my work office - one two brand new vanilla machines with no fonts installed! Let's leave alone that shouldn't even be a problem.

Lets just look at the fact that I can't export while this bug is in play - lets just look at the fact that this ran in the background for days without a resolution or time out. Let's look at the ever increasing fees we pay for this software and the GOT YOU NOW terms and conditions that bind us!

Lazy, Poor, Hopelessly imcompetant programing. There is simply no excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been frantically trying to solve this same problem this morning. I've tried all the previous suggestions and now I'm stuck in a Reactivating/Deactivating loop.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 8.55.54 AM.jpg

I honestly don't know what to do at this point, aside from using fonts that are not Adobe. 

Creative Cloud 5.6.5.58
Indesign v. 17.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your information: There is a third reason, or "correct answer" to this problem. Adobe was having downtime. I tried to re-install and did lots of testing without luck. Then I visited https://status.adobe.com/ and could see the whole font-repository was offline

joviansoul_0-1645656819514.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I saw this 3 hours ago before I uninstalled everything 7 times over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having this issue on InDesign v 17.2.  None of the previous suggestions work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely enough, I think you and I are having trouble with the same font.. I quit Indesign, updated to the latest version (v18.1) and the issue was resolved. Though, I wonder if there is some problem related to the font pack, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a simpler solution, just go to adobe fonts website, deactivate the font and reactivate it, that worked for me. (InDesign 2023 18.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I did was delete the task, save the InDesign file, then close the file, close InDesign/reboot indesign, and done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my work computer. All versions are updated. I deactivated and activated the fonts, as well as disabled the preferences. Nothing works. 

However, I don't have this problem with my personal computer. Extremely annoying and time-consuming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign is the biggest POS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this bug STILL THERE IN 2023.. three years later? This is a rhetorical question, because I have a long list of bugs, some going back 20 years.. NEVER FIXED. What a company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines