Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign 2020 has vanished from my computer

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Does anyone know why the app "indesign 2020" could have vanished from my computer?

Instead there is now the app "indesign 2023" which has not been downloaded from me. 

I loved the 2020-version since it has much more functions in the features-window than "indesign 2021" had...

and I miss my so well-known interface...

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Seems your Creative Cloud Desktop app is set to download/install application automatically in addition to removing the older installed versions. Please check your Creative Cloud Desktop app's preferences and change it. To get back your CC2020 application, you will need to contact support for an installer link. To contact support follow the instructions given below
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you had auto updates enabled along with "remove old versions" enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not consciously. Where can I disable this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it! Thank you anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems your Creative Cloud Desktop app is set to download/install application automatically in addition to removing the older installed versions. Please check your Creative Cloud Desktop app's preferences and change it. To get back your CC2020 application, you will need to contact support for an installer link. To contact support follow the instructions given below
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your adblockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.

P.S. Be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the advice already given you should also be mindful of the fact that Adobe only offers for download the two most recent versions of InDesign. That means at this time you will only probably be able to get CC 2022 and the new CC 2023 (which you already have) directly from Adobe. You might want to try https://prodesigntools.com/?s=InDesign+CC+2020+download#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=InDesign%20CC%202020%20downl... which offers earlier versions of Creative Cloud programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bill Silbert,

Adobe stopped providing public download links for apps after CC2019. So the only possible way to land an offline installer for CC2020 and beyond is to ask support and hope that they have one handy to provide you. The prodesigntools website also shares the same advice for these versions.

Therefore, it's really important for folks who depend upon older versions of the app to disable automatic updates and removal of older versions else they could land in trouble if Adobe decides to not fulfill these requests for installers.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines