• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 and 2022: No Text Frames Visible

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to see Text Frames unless I select them with the Selection Tool. So weird! The Graphic Frame works fine. I have checked normal/preview mode, preferences (Type Tool Converts Frames to Text Frames), View>Extras>...., etc. I could technically create a rectangle and then use Type Tool but it is not efficient and I don't get those clear Text Frame distinctions. I am not sure what else to try. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I am unable to replicate the issue at my end. I would request you to please try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Does turning off "GPU Performance" from preferences Cmd + k > GPU Performance > uncheck GPU Performance helps to resolve the issue? (Only for a Mac user)
  • Manually reset preferences by renaming the folders from the following locations:
    Windows:
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I am unable to replicate the issue at my end. I would request you to please try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Does turning off "GPU Performance" from preferences Cmd + k > GPU Performance > uncheck GPU Performance helps to resolve the issue? (Only for a Mac user)
  • Manually reset preferences by renaming the folders from the following locations:
    Windows:
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Adobe
    Mac:

(~/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/)

(~/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign)

Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old Launch InDesign from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way, all your old settings will be saved in .old folders, and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    Windows - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    Mac - /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to extensions.old in the following location:
    Windows - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
    Windows - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    Mac - (/Library/Application Support/Adobe)
    Mac - (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe)
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul, 

Thank you so much for your detailed response! Text Frames are now working on the 2022 InDesign version. Yay!! I have not opened or tried it in InDesign 2021. Here is what I tried based on your feedback:

• Turning on GPU performance did not fix it. Should I turn it back on??
  • On my Mac, I renamed the InDesign folders to ~.old but they were not found in those locations you suggested. I changed the folder names that were found in ~/Application/Adobe InDesign 2021 [and 2022]. I did not test after this.
  • I went ahead and changed the CEP folder name to ~.old as well, as you mentioned.
  • After closing both InDesign versions, I relaunched from the Creative Cloud App, like you said to. Text Frames returned! Therefore, I did not need to rename extensions. 

Thank you so so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that! Yes, you may turn on the GPU performance now. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines