• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INDESIGN 2021 CRASHING M1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody can tell me what is about this error or how can i fix it??

indesign it's going slowly, whith the processing wheel every time and crashig app several times. The same files are running well in intel macs... I must to work with 2021 version, but woth V2022 is similar behaviour...

I can't work! I need to fix it!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it is so frustrating. I merely attempt to delete a space between paragraphs and I get the "spinning beach ball of death." Both my computer and InDesign are up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this suggestion on another thread.

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-2021-randomly-crashing-on-macos/td-p/11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fred, 

But I restart Indesign erasing preferences and the wheel apears again... is no t proble of preferences beacause I restore all my imac hd&system and with imac clean I had the same problem... Some else idea??

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually uninstalled the newest version of InDesign and install an older
one. 16.4, I believe it is. I have had zero issues the last hour…it’s so
disappointing that I cannot get the newest versions to work without
constant crashing.

--
Jen Fredette
Mountain Pearl Photography
www.mountainpearlphotos.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. Brand new M1 macbook pro with a clean install of CC ( I did not use migration assistant). Everything is all new yet it's been crashing often. I was blaming it on Monterey being buggy and expected 12.1 to solve the problem but it has not. InDesign crashes at least once per hour and when doing simple chores on simple documents. Most times it's just the spinning beach ball causing me to force quit after 5 or 10 minutes. Other times it is a full crash where its just suddenly gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines