• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 crashing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 16.4, Mac. Can anyone tell me what the problem usually is with InDesign when its constantly crashing? I go to save my publication and an error comes up saying the file is damaged and needs to be repaired. When I say to repair it, it closes down and I lose all of the changes I have made. Seriously frustrated and thinking about going back to Quark. 

Is it usually a font issue? All the fonts are from Adobe. Do they have to be put in the fonts folder within InDesign? Or maybe something else all together.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

I hadn't resolved the crashing issues, but yesterday I opened InDesign and received an Error. "Adobe InDesign is missing required system fonts or CMap files. Please reinstall InDesign" I haven't received this Error before so I restarted my computer and went to the Applications folder to see about reinstalling but discovered I have both InDesign 2021 and 2022 installed. InDesign is in my dock and I would open from there. After looking into it, I was using the 2021 version. Today I started using t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Please confirm the exact version of macOS
    • Are you using an M1-based Mac?
    • Does it crash while working on a specific file?
    • Where are the files and links saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
      While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, you can try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html) to check if this is not happening due to a font issue.

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using Version 11.5.2. I have had it crash on a couple different files. But this one is crashing all of the time. I add one text box and go to save and it crashes. My mac is iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019). I'm not sure what M-1-based is. I had the files and links together in a folder in Documents on my HD, but I have moved them to Downloads on my HD to see if that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Let us know how it goes. Additionally, you can also try logging in to the Root account to check if you are able to save without crashing.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is still crashing. I just created a rectangle, placed a photo, then went to save and it crashed. It doesn't crash in the middle of working, its always when I go to "save as". (I have tried "saving" and that doesn't work so I only "save as".)

I don't think its a font issue since I went through the steps you sent. Does InDesign have issues with Master pages?

I can look into the Root account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. Let us know if you are able to save or save as in Root Account.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the Root Account. I have noticed that it usually crashes when I first open the program and start working on the document. Today, I couldn't save the document however I tried and I noticed this in the file folder: 

“~westernforesteroct~s_td(u.idlk”

I'm not sure if that means anything but I thought I would send it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Let us know how it goes. To learn about the idlk file, you may visit this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/idlk-file/m-p/11898554).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hadn't resolved the crashing issues, but yesterday I opened InDesign and received an Error. "Adobe InDesign is missing required system fonts or CMap files. Please reinstall InDesign" I haven't received this Error before so I restarted my computer and went to the Applications folder to see about reinstalling but discovered I have both InDesign 2021 and 2022 installed. InDesign is in my dock and I would open from there. After looking into it, I was using the 2021 version. Today I started using the 2022 version, and have had no crashes! I wish someone would have mentioned this to me and I'm not sure why this was happening but I am hoping this is the solution. I wanted others to know in case they are having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines