• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 hangs while exporting a long document to EPUB with Endnotes

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm test-exporting a .indd doc to reflowable epub using the Articles palette. Upon export I realize in the epub that I forgot to include the endnotes in the articles palette. When I included the Endnotes pages in the palette. I tried exporting to reflowable epub again, and now ID is hanging, even as I'm typing this query. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to solve this? This is the first time I'm exporting a book as one long document. Usually, I use the book palette and have never come across this. Thanks in advance.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please confirm which OS and versin of InDesign is this? Is the issue related to a specific document?

Does it show the same behavior if you try to export a single page with Endnotes? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shristi,

Thanks so much for responding!

Adobe Indesign version 16.2.1

Mac OS: Catalina 10.15.7

It's one long document: a book. I had to input the endnotes manually. I saved as a second document to experiment on. I converted the endnotes to footnotes and it actually converted to epub that way, but I still would like to find a way to convert it without having to do that. Do you have any idea as to why it converts when I convert from endnotes to footnotes? Just to confirm: even if the print version has the endnotes at the end of the book, the epub format only supports endnotes at the end of the chapter, correct?

Is there any further insight: I don't mind sharing the doc, but I'm not sure the client or publisher is comfortable with me uploading their material. I guess I'd have to have prior clearance. 

Thanks so much,

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, Carl! Ideally, it should work with Endnotes too. If you could share a page or two from your file, I can try to troubleshoot it at my end. If it is not confidential, you can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti!

Apologies for the late reply! I will create a separate doc with 1 or 2 chapters for you to inspect. 

Thanks so much for your help. Will be in touch soon.

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shristi,

Here's a few chapters from my project:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/df28a672-4116-4b22-5555-29b78ee80ac2

Appreciate any help and welcome your input. Thanks,

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines