• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign 2021 ImageCatalog

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have many folder with a lot of picture arond 3000, I want it to make on file with it so I thought about ImageCatalog, but it make on file per folder do anyone know how to do one file with differents folder ? 

thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maryblackwood I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do. Do you want to run the Image Catalog script by selecting images from one folder with around 3000 images and have all 3000 images in one InDesign document? I've never run the script with that many images. Depending on how large (MB) the image files are, it might take a long time to finish. It might be better to divide up the images into separate folders, with a smaller number of images in each folder.

You can keep running the script in the same document over and over again, and it will keep adding pages with the new images from different folders if you want. Let us know if there is something more specific you want to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this catalog script which will get images in a folder and its subfolders.  Have not tested it on 3000 images, so try it with a small number of subfolders first.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/6584a85d-f651-441b-74a7-0da649a8d4e0

Dialog looks like this:

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thanks for yoyurs answers, 

I have many folder with photos inside and I want to make one indesign files with it, I was wondering if there a way with imagecatalog to select many folder a generate one file instade of copy and paste 

Thanks, have a nice day 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The script I posted would get all of the placeable files inside of an enclosing folder. So if I choose this folder, named EnclosingFolder, the 9 images saved in the different subfolders inside would get cataloged

Screen Shot 17.png

Screen Shot 18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines