• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 on Mac Mojave launches but when a file is opened it won't show in the window

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have uninstalled and reinstalled from CC. Have killed preferences and caches. Whe O open a file, a temp is created, but it has zero bytes. When I select to close, I will get a dialog asking if I want to save it. I can even save it to a different name and to another location, but yet the new file won't show either when I try to open it.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - that's very strange.

I've put together some tips on resetting your preferences here - with a link to a deeper clean

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

----

If this has no affect - then perhaps this one will help

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the keyborad combo many times to reset prefs. Doesn't work. I used to have InDesign 2019, 2020 and 2021 on my MacBook Pro. Then I logged out of CC on the MacBook, and logged in to CC on my new Mac Mini running Big Sur. I installed InDesign 2021 and 2022 there to test plug-ins on those versions. Then I logged out of CC there and relogged in on my MacBook. Now I can launch 2021 on the MacBook but when I attempt to open a file or create a new file, it doesn’t appear. Like a ghost. I see that there’s a temp file but it has zero bytes. I can actually do a save as and see the file, but still when I open it I get nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign several times. And also, my 2019 and 2020 versions are gone, and can’t be listed in Creative Cloud either. I test plug-in software so always needed the three versions for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning the Application Frame on (or off).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell me how to do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines