• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 unstable, even crashing at unexpected moments

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update to v 16.01, InDesign 2021 keeps crashing at unexpected moments. 
After working for just an hour in an Indd doc and saving it (command-s) a message is prompted, like: 'unable to save this document' What happens next: crashing, trying to start up the unsaved ('or hey, it appears to be saved anyway') document, prompted message: 'would you like to repair this document first?',
etcetera.
I use InDesign CC 2021 on Mac OSX 10.14.3 on a Hackintosh. Never had a problem eversince, until recent weeks.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 Gb Ram and the SSD on which InDesign is installed, has 635 Gb free.
I haven't tried resetting the InDesign preferences. Where can this be reset?
On advice of fellow users, I just re-installed an earlier version of InDesign (15.1.3), and will test it for a shake-down on a very large multi-page, multi-sized image-loaded document, just to see if it can be changed and saved in a normal way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just did this and the area under the indesign header is completely black and even after re-starting it does the same thing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have an application corruption issue.

I suggest you unistall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall it again. If that doesnt solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, Indesign crashed about 11 times—never has a program been so jumpy—it's like 1990 all over again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience.  Hope your issues are resolved.
We have just released Adobe InDesign 2021 (v16.1) with multiple stability & performance fixes.

Please update your app to the latest version & see if it helps to improve the performance. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh, 

I have been experiencing consistent crashes in the 2021 version. It has been crashing 8-10 times daily. In particular it will crash if I go away from my computer long enough for it to go into sleep mode. It crashes upon waking. I have reinstalled multiple times. Any advice? This is causing significant delays for me.

Thank you,

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16.2 is even more unstable, onworkable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately having the same problems. Crash after crash, >30 times today. VERY unstable. Have tried uninstalling, restarting Macbook (pro, Big Sur) and installing but problem remains. Is this the software voor proffessionals?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on indesign2019 14.0.3 we are working from and all was well until a month ago, we work over the VPN, they tried a split tunnel also... but Indesign freezes the whole time then have to forcequit, we cant upgrade because we have Samrt connection installed and content station...

I did the resetting of the InDesign preferences helped a little but not much still doing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded version Indesign 16.2 to Indesign 15.1.3 on Macbook Pro with OS 11.2.3. Everything seems stabel now, .. fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines