• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 17.0.1 slow performance while working on old ID 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 v17.0.0 Files

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have slow running issues with 2022 too. I loaded a ID document created in 2019. It was taking so long to load that I left it alone for a few HOURS. I uninstalled and reinstalled and that helped, but it still doesn't run or load as fast as the previous version. I know what it SHOULD do, but can only deal with what it DOES do. I'm still able to work. I'm fine with waiting for an update that fixees the speed. I only wanted to support dale's observaton.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same slow response issue. Indesign 17.0.1. iMacPro 64GB RAM. macOS 11.6.1. all other adobe apps running ok.

any action takes 5-10 secs for Indesign to respond.  also, links to Illustrator docs won't update; have to delete & re-place.

pls fix urgently - major project due to be completed next couple days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Indesign 2022 (V17.0.1) just randomly freezes for a few secs with no clear reasons (eg. using a certain tool) whatsoever. Even with a new file that only had 3 pages. Finally gave up and downgraded back to 2021 (V16.4). Everything is smooth again.

* Using Macbook pro 16" 2019 / i9 2.3Ghz / 32G RAM / AMD 5500M 8GB / 1TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: just created a new Indesign file (17.0.1) and placed same Illustrator files in it and it seems to be working and responding without any slowing.

As a test, any existing Indesign file i open runs slow.

The theory so far is that 17.0.1 only likes files created in 17.0.1.  Even files created in 17.0 (ie just a few days ago) run v slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same result, terribly slow legacy InDesign files (INDD), even just selecting text, but perfectly fine when I recreated a new file. Thanks for posting this workaround, this issue has been driving me nuts for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I would request you to package the files, including the links & share the download links with me here or via DM. I will check it at my end. I would also request you to check the following things & share your observation with me:

• Please check if turning off the internet help resolve the issue?
  • Store files & links locally on Desktop and check if it helps with the performance.
  • Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please check if turning it off/ disabling it help resolve the issue?
  • Please check if turning off preflight  (Window > Output > Preflight > Deselect the checkbox) help resolve the issue?
         Anshul_Saini_0-1637934716927.png
  • Please try different Display options (View > Display Performance) in InDesign. I recommended working on Typical Display.
  • Please try turning off GPU performance from InDesign preferences (cmd + k > GPU Performance > uncheck GPU Performance and see if that helps?

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in W11 (17.2.1.x64). For me looks like ID is checking something at internet (no to fast DSL connection). Open any old file made in other version of ID is very very slow (all files are located at local NAS). Then after save next one opening is working normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign was hanging up for quite some time on launch. I tried several of the points on this forum with no improvement until I replaced several fonts that the program indicated were missing. Fixed the issue and the program runs very quick now. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped quite a bit. I'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines