• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2022 : Can't resize text frame without distorting fonts, nor add a new text frame

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed indesign on my new macbook pro 14. I openend an old document, and it doesnt let me edit the text frame size without changing the font, skewing it. It acts as if the frame was a piucture. I can't edit the text in it without opening the frame (command y) nor add new frames. The same happens when creating a new document: I can't add a nnew text frame to the document. 

When resizing an image frame the same thing happens : It doesnt crop it but changes the size of it. (and no, no command, shift or ctrl is pressed) 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kind of crazy. Does it happen on all documents?

Also, you might want to delete your ID preferences, in case they got confused in the process. 

See "Delete InDesign Preferences with Shortcuts" here: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a silicon (M1 chip) Mac, you should check if the OS and InDesign version work together. I think the latest updates to InDesign will work in silicon, but I'd check anyway. And in case it's the file, try exporting to .idml, preferably with a computer that doesn't have the problem if you still have access to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - problem disappeared, if not totally solved. 

I checked "open in rosetta", opened indesign, and it worked as it should. Unchecked the box, opened it again, and it still worked. So some small piece of code somwhere corrected itself. Or something. 

So no idea what caused it but everything is fine and as it should be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines