Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 constantly frozen & stuck for using images stored in iCloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All, 

I use InDesign 2022 on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro with a 2,3GHz-8-Core Intel Core i9, 16GB 2667 MHz DDR4 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB. 

So from time to time this happens:

I create a InDesign document using images exclusively or partially stored on my iCloud, I save it - locally or on the cloud, too - no difference - and the next time I try to open and edit it (e.g. the following day)  I have to deal with this horrendeous mess:

Every image from the cloud will appear as a grey rectangle without the link being marked as missing, the cursor and everything else is lagging so much and moving in slow-motion it drives me insane and I can not do anything except force quit. This sh*t has cost me countless hours of not being able to continue doing my job and caused me a multitude of problems already! I refuse to accept that any longer. 

I tried re-installing, re-booting, only using locally sourced images but thats not really doable on a daily basis.

From my point of view, it is far from acceptable in the year of 2022 to have this type of issue, just because files are saved on clouds from time to time. It is not due to my internet connection and I did not move any files in the meantime. 

Is there a solution to this crap? 

Thank you very much in advance and best regards from Stuttgart, 

Johannes 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Johannes23138107g519 , you might consider using your Adobe Cloud sync’ing feature for working with ID files and links that you want backed up to the cloud.

InDesign Links have to be local, so move your project folder into your user>Creative Cloud Files folder, and the ID files and assets will automatically sync to your cloud account in the background when you have an internet connection. The sync’ing shouldn’t affect performance because the ID files and assets you are working on will all be the local copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an iCloud user, but if there is smart sync feature where files are downloaded on demand, turn it off. It causes issues with all cloud storage services because InDesign times out waiting for files to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I think that will do the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines