• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 crashes at launch

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me with this problem that I'm having?
Everytime when I launch Adobe Indesign 2022 after 5 seconds it crashes. 
I have already uninstalled and installed it like ten times.
I have repaired Visual C++ 

And also have removed the preference folder

-------------------------

Naam van toepassing met fout: InDesign.exe, versie: 17.0.0.96, tijdstempel: 0x615e06a0
Naam van module met fout: ucrtbase.dll, versie: 10.0.19041.789, tijdstempel: 0x2bd748bf
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000409
Foutmarge: 0x0000000000071208
Id van proces met fout: 0x2f2c
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d88c8f5f473e9a
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2022\InDesign.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Rapport-id: b488764d-aed3-47eb-9fc0-f181388e2655
Volledige pakketnaam met fout:
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:

---------------

I have also attached the crash report. 

Thank you so much

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

No I didn't buy an illegal pirated version, otherwise I would not seek for help and a solution at the official Adobe community. 😉

Nobody says that you did buy it intentionally.
I bought it from actievandedag who are were selling unused licences which I read is since 2012 according to the European Court of Justice not illegal. So as far as I know I did not buy a pirated version.

Have a look to the price of the subscription on the Adobe site and compare it with the price on activevandedag. As we s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

And also have removed the preference folder

Unfortunately, it's useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jmlevy thank you for your suggestion. 
Unfortunately it did not resolve the problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a warning message?

because I bought a licence for the Adobe Master package of 2022 and there are no updates included

Where did you buy this? Adobe does not sell a such product, and AFAIK, the only way to get InDesign is a subscription. It looks that you have been swindled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd love your help. I did what you said above, and only to have it launch and crash before I could do anything.

I also tried renamed the preference folder (the language one) - too scared to delete - but that didn't seem to help.

I have the latest version of inDesign from creative cloud, and I need to get back in so I can send my newspaper to the printer tomorrow. What should I do?  thanks Cathy  PS It is amazing how many people have had this problem over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Willi Adelberger, thank you for replying. 
I installed it from a setup since I bought a licence for the Adobe Master Collection 2022, and it came with a setup (not Adobe creative cloud app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ellent60567136 ,

you state that your InDesign has version 17.0.0.96.

The latest one is 17.3.0.61 for Windows.

First do an update to that version through the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laubender, thank you for your reply. 
Unfortunately I cannot update this version because I bought a licence for the Adobe Master package of 2022 and there are no updates included. I did not install it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app but from a Setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ellent60567136 ,

I have no idea what the "Adobe Master package of 2022" could be.

Did you perhaps "buy" a pirated version?

Where did you buy this version?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laubender,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I'm sorry I meant the Adobe Master Collection 2022. Not 'package'. 🙂
No I didn't buy an illegal pirated version, otherwise I would not seek for help and a solution at the official Adobe community. 😉
I bought it from actievandedag who are were selling unused licences which I read is since 2012 according to the European Court of Justice not illegal. So as far as I know I did not buy a pirated version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bought an illegal copy. There is no such thing as the Master Collection anymore and hasn't been since for 10 years or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wauw, so I've been ripped off, since it's illegal ánd besides that it's not working either. Great....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't buy an illegal pirated version, otherwise I would not seek for help and a solution at the official Adobe community. 😉

Nobody says that you did buy it intentionally.

Have a look to the price of the subscription on the Adobe site and compare it with the price on activevandedag. As we say in French: “it is too beautiful to be true”. Unfortunately, this version is illegal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines