• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2022 crashes upon trying to edit a file

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially I've stumbled over the same problem as Link. While InDesign (Indesign 2022 v 17.0 running on a Macbook using Big Sur v 11.6) does open and I can access the start menu (even opening up files), it immediately crashes when I try to scroll through the pages. I've tried this with a variety of INDD files and the result is always the same.

I've also attempted the solution that was suggested in the other thread, namely:

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please follow the suggestions below to reset the preferences of the app & see if it helps with the crashes:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

Unfortunately I can find neither of those files in caches or preferences. So this doesn't work for me. This is very inconvenient as I need to get work done for my job and the current InDesign crashes with any and all documents that I've created using the last version of the software, essentially making it impossible to get any work done.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Could you please package a sample document and share it with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or via DM.
  • Where are you saving the documents and links (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, please open the spotlight by pressing cmd+spacebar.
Copy-paste the following one by one:

• ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences

Double click on the folder, and you will be able to locate the folders. As they are necessary, they should appear. If they do not appear in these locations, then it seems there is something wrong with the installation of your apps.

Anshul_Saini_0-1636406820946.png

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sample Document. I've enclosed one of the INDD-Files in this reply

2. File Storage. I've tried opening the files from iCloud as well as the System HDD. The result was the same in each case.
3. Crash Report. I have submitted one crash report yesterday (with the e-mail adress associated with this account) and another one today after having deleted com.adobe.indesign and Adobe Indesign (in Cashes and Preferences) and reinstalled InDesign thereafter. The problem remained though, entirely unchanged.

I don't mean to be rude, but a quick resolution would be very much appreciated since this error is making it impossible for me to do my job. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the detail & file. It seems there was an issue with metadata and links. We have saved the file as IDML, and now it is opening up without crashing in InDesign v17. I have attached the download link of two IDML files, one with original fonts & one with substituted fonts respectively. Let us know if it crashes now.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/d001c880-8048-43ea-4e57-3d1422720345
https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/ccd88695-88ba-492d-41d5-9632faa95ef5

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Employee, Anshul Saini

Can you please help me with an InDesign File that crashes Adobe InDesign 2022 after the latest update? It is an Adobe InDesign file I had to make for Chapter 4 for the Adobe InDesign in a Classroom Book 2022 Release Book and I need access to this file to finish the tutorial in order to finish what I am told to do later in Chapter 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @brittanyd5985006,

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request you to please share the information as asked above. It would really help us understand what is causing the crash, and we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines