• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 crashing while trying to save

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to 2022 InDesign keeps crashing out while saving the file thus loosing all work. I'm slightly concerned about the 2022 updates as Media Encoder no longer renders AE compositions either. Adobe, what is going on?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

We have solved it ourselves..

It boils down to resetting Indesign, a thing that doesn't occure well when you deinstall the application, even with removal of the preferences:

The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Thanks for sharing how you solved the problem @DeToekomst, this also worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having same problems all day... lost everything. and afraid to work without corrupting another file. i am trying to export PDF as print or interactive and crashes, can't do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same in illustrator and Indesign. I removed the suitcase font extension and seems fine. At least in my case all the files it crashed, actually it was hanging, the files were actually saved. I think a couple of times I just left it going and 15 minutes later it was not hanging. I feel like I have seen this exact issue before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. We have recently released an update for all three apps Indesign v17.0.1, After Effects v22.0.1, and Illustrator v26.0.1. Please update to the latest version by following the steps provided in this link (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Checkforlatestupdates). If you are still facing this issue, I will request you to share a few more details like:

• Please confirm the OS, OS build no., and version of OS.
    • Where are you saving/exporting the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    • Is this happening with a specific document or all?
    • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
      While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, you may try running the app in Safe Mode  (MacWindows) & Root/ Hidden Admin account (MacWindows) and share your observation with us.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, thank you for your response. I will be waiting a bit to make sure Indesign 2022 17.0.01 is stable. Middle of big deliverable and this cost me 4 days of a lot of work (44-pg magazine) i lost because every file version kept corrupting... 

I'm on Mac OS 10.15.7 - MacBook Pro 2018

Just trying to export to my computer... never able. and, this was AFTER a text box was corrupted all of the sudden and couldnt delete box, page, lost complete document. I submitted several crash reports. And, yes it was with a specific document since that was the only one used that week. Now, afraid to touch anything else. This was after I created a .idml file and started again. 

Have used this software ever since moving from Quark Express.. worse i've ever experienced in years with software. 

Hope this helps/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand your pain and the trouble you had to go through. I have forwarded your experiences & information to the product team. Thanks for sharing the crash reports. They help us improve the performance of the app. I will suggest you all always send crash reports using your email ID so we can assist you accordingly and address the issues.

Please share your experience & observations with me once you update to the newer version.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to this conversation.

I have a user in our organisation who has the same problem. Saving his Indesign documents gives the error that the document can't be saved (but is anyhow) and sometimes Indesign crashes, not saving the document.

I've tried removing and reinstalling, no result.

I've tried disabling the Suitcase plugin, no result.
I've tried stopping GPU support, what looked like that was the culprit, but it started bugging again after a few saves.

All apps are up to date. 
Similar users in our organisation with the same setup and no problems at all..

A bit up sh1t creek here.. Would love some help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DeToekomst,

We are sorry to hear about that. I would request you to please share the information as asked above. Also, please confirm if your organization was running the latest v17.1 release last week or not when crashes happen and once you share the crash reports.

Also, please confirm if you are an Enterprise user.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, yes we are an enterprise subscriber under the account that I am posting with right now. If you need further proof of that please say so..

The user in question is using version: 17.0.1.105, sadly there are no crash reports... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Is there anything I can do about this problem? The user on this troublesome machine is going bezerk after working in an instable situation for several days now..

Regards,

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DeToekomst,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would suggest you reach out to our technical support to resolve this issue faster. Please navigate to the support tab in the Admin Console to contact our technical support team. For more details, you may check out this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html). Let us know if you still need any assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have solved it ourselves..

It boils down to resetting Indesign, a thing that doesn't occure well when you deinstall the application, even with removal of the preferences:

The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing how you solved the problem @DeToekomst, this also worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and everyone here has tried everything suggested but NOTHING suggested works. Perhaps it's not our files as my files worked fine before I updated and now they keep crashing....and they are very basic documents....what is going on at Adobe....used to be great product.....so underwhelming and so frustrating now ... I just want to do my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue starting today. I was using InDesign 2021, which had worked without a hitch since day 1. Then, suddenly, it hung, and I had to force quit. When I reopened the document and typed a couple of sentences and saved, the same thing happened.

I reinstalled MacOS, I updated to InDesign 2022 — same thing kept happening. I found this thread and, as per the suggestion, deleted the preferences. But the same thing happens.

I've opened one other ID document, a simpler one with only a few graphics, and it seems to work OK, at least for the few minutes I tested it.

But right now I'm totally stopped on the project I need to work on every day.

InDesign has been rock solid for me for a couple of decades. So this is surprising, and very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far this problem appears to affect only one document. ID works fine on two other documents I've tried so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems isolated to one document can often be fixed by exporting that file to .idml and opening that, then resaving the file as a new .indd with a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled InDesign 2022 and have been using InDesign 2021 and that's all i've worked in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you – seems to have worked for you. My problem, however, started in InDesign 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete all interactive tags if you have any. Mine were corrupted and this worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines