• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2022 export to PDF anomaly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Macmini 9,1 running Big Sur with Indesign 2022)

Hi,

We've been having problems with some InDesign files on a fresh out of the box mac with clean install of InDesign.

• Linked images list as ok and are present but when packaging say they are inaccessible
• Exporting to PDF results in an error
• Linked images do not automatically update

After much troubleshooting I've discovered that the files work fine if not located on the desktop. I've changed the permissions of the desktop folder to read/write for all and propagated the permissions but with the same result. The desktop folder is just another folder so if the permissions are ok it should work?

Anyone had any issues with desktop folder files and InDesign 2022?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like a permissions issue, but I encourage you to NOT link from Desktop. Always methodically have a subfolder of Links (Images, Graphics). It makes future steps easier.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, 

I agree, working direct from the desktop isn't the best idea.

The files were in a link subfolder as it was from a packed document. A clean user account seems to have resolved the issue, but from what I can make out, it could be that InDesign wasn't allowed desktop access (a prompt requests this when first firing up the app), something that can be rectified via the security settings in the OS. This isn't an issue with the older OS's, at least it's not something I've come across before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Desktop is related to the username (users/username/desktop). If the user name had some strange characters, underscores etc. it can cause problems. Seen that in practice twice. Not saying that this is the case on your system, but so you know;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines