• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 freezes every time in my MacBook Pro.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2022 freezes everytime on my 16 inch Intel i9 MacBook Pro. I'm currently using macOS Monterey
(12.0.1). It's been more than a month and I'm desperate. Moreover when I force quit the freezed program the
fans start kicking to the maximum. System report is attached.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting InDesign back to the factory defaults:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue box appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your interest. I´ve already done that hundred of times and nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have enough spare hard disk space, I couldn't see how much RAM you had.

I don't know if others have more suggestions but maybe you should uninstall InDesign using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reisntalling it again: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, right? I tried unistalling it as well. I also tried to make a partition in my HD in order to install it in a clean OS but it freezes again. For sure it has to be with my model and OS version.  I have some partners who share my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can get Adobe support to take a look at your system to see if they can sort it out (take over your screen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be fantastic! How can I get in touch with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the UK you contact them via this page  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install.html

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 12.11.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved by now. If yes, do you recall what steps were performed to resolve the issue so others facing a similar issue can get help from your answer? If your issue is not resolved, then I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Does InDesign freeze while working on some particular files or all? If yes, please share a sample file including links & fonts with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Are you getting a spinning beach ball cursor while working or after InDesign is opened, or when it is in an idle state?
  • Where are your files & links saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines