• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2022 Incredibly Slow Performance

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated my Indesign to the latest update (as I always do). The performance has become unacceptably slow. A file that I was able to open and use normally with the previous version of the software now has become painstakingly slow to even do the most basic tasks. I am using a MacBook Pro from 2017 with a 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7. 16GB ram and a commensurate graphics card and plenty of hard drive space. The only difference is the Indesign update from 2021 to 2022. Can anything be done? I need to get work accomplished and presently can't.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of macOS & InDesign (v17.0 or v17.0.1)
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are your files & links saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, you may try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) and share your observation with us.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, I did all the user's suggestions to solve the very very slow performance of Adobe Indesign. Non of the solutions work. I need a professional Adobe employee to solve the problem on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Benji-11,

Sorry about the trouble. I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve my issue. The problem didn't exist when starting new documents. And since I was in a time crunch, I couldn't spend a great deal of time trouble shooting or rebuilding the file. I ended up exporting to and IDML, and reopening this fairly complex file from the IDML. It worked fine after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines