• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2022 is saving to last used folder, not the folder I opened it from.

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur 11.6, InDesign 2022 (17.0) saves a Converted file to the last used Finder folder, rather than the folder the document is contained in. How do I fix this or is it the same bug as previous system?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a problem with version 16.0 reported here and was subsequently fixed in version 16.0.1, are you sure you are on version 17.0? If you are indeed on 17.0 then try resetting your preferences if that fixes the issue, if not then we might have a case of an old bug resurfacing. You could make a bug report at the site I gave before once you verify the bug and post the bug URL, so that others can upvote the issue which might expedite the bug fix process

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manan. I'm definitely on version 17.0. I've since realised that it's only when I make a postcript file for printing. When I hit save it saved to the last folder that created a postscript file, not the folder the document was opened from. I tried resetting the preferences but that didn't help unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @rhondak37849348,

Unfortunately I can't test this myself as my MAC is not compatible with the 17.0 version. Maybe someone who can verify this can chime in and if multiple people see this issue then it can be reported to Adobe at

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines