• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 on brand new laptop will not open any INDD files

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! Finally upgraded my laptop after 6 years to a 2022 M2chip MacBook Air (same running capacity as the new MacbookPro 14" and far exceeds the running capacity of my 2016 MacbookPro in every single parameter), here's my problem:

I downloaded the Cloud suite and InDesign 2022, went to open a file (a 2021 INDD file that is not corrupted (checked on my other laptop and it is stored permanently on Dropbox)) and nothing happens. No rainbow wheel, no gears turning, no script enabled. Nothing. 

Checked 14 other perfectly fine (and triple checked) files, and nothing happens.

I have uninstalled InDesign from the hard drive and deleted all fragmented files. I have shut down and rebooted. I have re-installed and I am still having the same problem. 

Has anyone else encountered anything like this recently or in other recent versions of the CC softwares?

Please help ❤️

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Go through these steps:

Identify and troubleshoot file issues

When you first launched InDesign, did you see the "Verifying Adobe InDesign 2022" status bar?

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 3.05.08 PM.png

Since it sounds like nothing is happening as expected, it's probably worth opening a support chat and having a support agent verify that InDesign is installed correctly.  Go to Welcome to Adobe Customer Care and click the Contact Us chat bubble at the lower right of the page.  It's automated at first, but answer the prompts that you need assistance with installtion.

At the very minimum, you should be able to get to a point where InDesign launches as expected and you can create a new document.   Hopefully at that point, you'll be able to open existing documents as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're opening the file from a Dropbox location?

Did you install dropbox on your new computer and sync all the files to your new computer?

You will also need to turn off Smart Sync.

This is a dropbox issue. InDesign needs to create a hidden file called an IDLK (InDesign Lock File) and can only do that with correct permission and access to store files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned by @Eugene Tyson this could be a problem with Dropbox. So try the following to diagnose the problem

• Create a new file, save it to your MAC locally and see if you can reopen it
  • Download the file from Dropbox to your MAC and they try to download
  • Make sure InDesign has access to disk as needed by newer versions of MAC OS

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DropBox, that is the reason.

Dropbox does not save any files per default on your computer, only in the cloud to save space. When you go to the file in the FInder and you select it, right Mouse Click you see the entry most bottom: “Make available offline“. Do that before you work with any file or linked asset. You can do the same to folder.

You can also change the DropBox preferences, but they are sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines