• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 profile warnings on opening missing

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to InDesign 2022 I have noticed that Profile warnings when opening supplied InDesign do not show (policy is to show all warnings).

Colour Settings are Europe Prepress. Policy is to show all profile warnings.
Default RGB setting is Adobe RGB.
Settings are synced in Bridge across apps.

Supplied files from a particular source use sRGB as their RGB setting but doesnt show warning.

In earlier versions I got a profile warning upon opening. Now I don’t - it just flags it when I export PDF.

Is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

To follow on if I open the same doc in InDesign 2021 (ignoring opening dialog) the Assign dialog correctly states that I am working in Adobe RGB but the doc is in sRGB - see attached...CC 2021 ASSIGN DIALOG.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Weirdly when I create a brand new document in InDesign 2022 and check the Assign Dialog box it states that the Doc is in sRGB as is the working space, even thought my synced settings clearly state Adobe RGB.Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 15.05.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supplied files from a particular source use sRGB as their RGB setting but doesnt show warning.

Hi @leed93541571 , just to be clear, if you open the supplied ID file and check Edit>Assign Profiles... the RGB assignment looks like this?:

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Current RGB working space for my Adobe set up is Adobe RGB

Supplied document wortking space is sRGB.

Ordinarily this would flag up when I open the doc but doesn't in InDesign 2022. When I open in the older version of InDesign the warnigs are still intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supplied document wortking space is sRGB.

The reason I asked about the Assign Profiles dialog is, the Working RGB Space is the current Color Settings’ RGB profile, which isn’t necessarily the Document RGB Space. There has to be a conflict between the Document RGB Space—which is set in Edit>Assign Profiles...—and the Color Settings’ Working RGB Space for the warning to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open in previous InDesign versions I am presented with this dialog box. This no longer appears in InDesign 2022 when opeing the same document. My colour settings and policies are the same but the warnings are not showing.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 14.16.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a capture of the document’s Edit>Assign Profiles... dialog in version 17? Just want to confirm that the new version is seeing the embedded profile—I can’t test here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 14.37.12.pngScreenshot 2021-11-19 at 14.36.59.pngOK please see attached. This is odd. Its saying the current working space is sRGB. As you can see from the second screenshot by CC is all synced and clearly states Adobe RGB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow on if I open the same doc in InDesign 2021 (ignoring opening dialog) the Assign dialog correctly states that I am working in Adobe RGB but the doc is in sRGB - see attached...CC 2021 ASSIGN DIALOG.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdly when I create a brand new document in InDesign 2022 and check the Assign Dialog box it states that the Doc is in sRGB as is the working space, even thought my synced settings clearly state Adobe RGB.Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 15.05.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something’s not right. Maybe try trashing your Preferences and Caches, restart your computer, and see if it happens when you are only running the new version—I’ve seen cases where running different versions of InDesign at the sametime can cause odd color management behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...

Looking under Library/Preferences/... I have prefs for the last 4 versions of InDesign - do I need to trash them all?

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 15.27.03.png

Will I lose my workspaces etc? Are you suggesting I remove the older version of InDesign too? If I can't fix this issue with 2022 I may need to revert to 2021 for time being. Can I redownload 2021 if needed? I only have the one work machine so anxious not to cause too much damage to my workflow.

Very odd that this version doesn't seem to have migrated settings correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked. May I suggest others check theirs as this issue wasn't immediately apparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you got it. I usually start with the Caches folder, because you don’t lose any preference settings:

‎⁨Startup ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Caches⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe InDesign⁩ ▸ ⁨Version 17.0⁩

Then I move the Preference folder out onto the desktop, which forces a clean prefs folder on a restart. if that doesn’t solve the problem I’ll move the dextop version back so I don’t lose any settings. It helps to save a backup of the prefs folder.

‎⁨Startup ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe InDesign⁩ ▸ ⁨Version 15.0⁩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines