Indesign 2022 Running Extremely Slow

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can anyone help?  Indesign (and Illustrator and Photoshop) are recently running very slow.  Each click results in thinking/spinning wheel which is making it almost impossible to use the apps.  They have previously been fine.  I am no expert but my system details are below.

Thanks in advance

Model: iMac 19,1
macOS Monteray

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 9 MB

Memory: 8 GB

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alan22639980vfg0 I'm sure this has been frustrating for you. The biggest problem is that your system barely meets the minimum requirements to run the latest CC versions of these apps. It's possible you can function with 8GB of RAM but 16GB is much better. The Intel i5 is also dated. What you can do is try to roll back to some earlier versions where things were working fine and/or try to optimize performance if you can't upgrade your computer right now.

Here are some recommendations for fixing slow performance in InDesign: Slow performance in InDesign (adobe.com)

And for Photoshop: Optimize performance Photoshop (adobe.com)

Let us know how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few other ideas for InDesign if you haven't tried them already:

• Clear your cache and reset your preferences.
  • Turn off the GPU performance.
  • If you are using TimeMachine, try disabling it, as multiple users have reported that TimeMachine has slowed down some apps while they were working.

Many more suggestions here:

Resolve slow performance and unexpected behavior o... - Adobe Support Community - 11487287

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jain you’re a star! It was Time Machine! Thanks so much

Sent from Mail for Windows

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I'm so glad to hear that helped! Thanks for letting us and others in the Community know.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines