• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 SLOW Performance

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never in all of my years of designing seen InDesign work this way.

Right now, the most the program will do is turn on. It lags when trying to do the simplest of tasks. I've spent over 2 hours trying to delete 2 lines of text and all I get is the spinning beach ball. It takes well over 1 minute from the time I select the text to when the text appears to be selected and even then, the beach ball starts to spin and then the whole program freezes. Yes, I have tried restarting my machine. Yes, I have tried to redownload the program. Yes, I am using the currrent version from Adobe. Nothing is working. This cannot continue. I cannot do my job right now.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• How much RAM do you have on your machine? Less that 16GB might not be sufficient. If its more than that check if something else is eating up RAM and hence starving up InDesign
  • Does it happen only on a particular document? If so, the document could be corrupted, see if exporting to IDML and then resaving back to INDD helps
  • Does the document contain lots of text? If so try dividing the document into several documents
  • Some scenarios and options are discussed in the following post as well, check it out https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-fix-my-slow-indesign/td-p/10016536

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 16GB of RAM and at present, I'm only running InDesign. It happens on every file I open, including new documents. It doesn't matter the amount of text. Every click of the mouse on any tool or item in my file, the beach ball pops up and spins for several seconds up to a minute before I can do anything. It's happening when I try to import a graphic, select text, open a text box, switch tools, open a panel, etc...

This all started when my it updated to the latest version, 17.2. I never had a problem prior to that. I will go back to a previous version and try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears that InDesign 17.0 is the only version where I'm not experiencing this lagging issue. The 17.0.1 is just as bad. This is happening with old files and new files. I've turned down the Display Perforrmance settings and that only slightly improved the lag time, but not by much. I did check the community link you provided and none of them have worked so far.

The only solution that greatly helped was returning to the 17.0 version. I hope Adobe can fix whatever bug this is. It's proving to be very difficult as I typically want to have the latest version of my softwares to be up to date with new tools and such, but not at the expense of my productivity and performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines