• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2022 slow save but fine 'save a copy'

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I had the absence of the save command and lost my work (only a little.) This morning it rebuilt the preferences file. I didn't know why at the time, but reading here I see why.

I've been making backups as I went anyway, using 'Save a Copy' with incremental names. It saves in less than 30secs. This is a 220MB+ file and I've been working on it for months. All the image links are on OneDrive. 

After, I pressed 'Save' and it took 3.5 HOURS. The progress bar was moving, which is why I didn't stop it. (At least I was doing something else and could leave it.) I did a single change afterwards and then 'Save a Copy' in 30 secs again.

What's going on? Anyone know? Cheers

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I think I've found a solution to this problem. On OneDrive, the file has to be set to 'Always keep on this device.' OneDrive also shows an error with the Indesign lock fiile on sync, but this can be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines