• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2023 - Unable to use Publish Online feature after v18 update.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Monterey: 12.6 (M1 Max)

InDesign: 2023 v18

I updated to InDesign 2023 yesterday morning and since then have been unable to use the Publish Online feature. When ever I try to I get the following message "Error #0: This service is not available for your account. Contact your Administrator or Customer Support for further assistance."

I have been using Publish Online for months and have never seen this error before - I have restarted, quit/reopened InDesign and have been unable to find any information regarding a change to this service.

I have a few ongoing projects that are using this feature and I really need to resolve this quickly.

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Hey! Apologies for the delay - I updated my InDesign back to 2023 (v18) last wednesday (Nov 16) and have had no issues using the Publish Online feature. Both publishing a brand new document and updating an exsiting one are working completely fine.

Thanks for taking the time to talk and appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RyanIzokaitis,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please share a few more details-

• Have you tried to publish the document in the previous version of InDesign to confirm if it's not version specific issue?
  • Does that happen while creating new links or updating old ones?
  • Does that happen with all files or with a specific file?
  • Are you able to access the old links?

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey! no problem at all - thanks so much for the response.

1. Yes, before I updated yesterday I had no isses publishing/updating the various projects I have on my adobe cloud.
  2. I am currently unable to update an existing link or create a new one.
  3. Seems to be any file - I tried to create a new file and publish online and recieved the same "Error #0" message.
  4. The old links are fine - I can access my "Published Online Dashboard" and see/share any link.

Maybe a solution would be to walk indesign back to the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response, @RyanIzokaitis. Is it possible for you to share a sample InDesign file with me over a private message so that I can check on my end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

I will try my best to investigate.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem at all! I have sent you a PM with the files.

Also I re-installed InDesign 2022 v17.4 and had no issue updating/publishing online with the same file and a test new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the file. I have sent you a private message to perform some troubleshooting steps. Please try that and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @HARSHIKA_VERMA,

Can you please share the troubleshooting steps here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @janaw63389979,

Thank you for reaching out. As per the error code and message, it is usually an issue with an account or service block on the network. We request you to please try some troubleshooting steps-

• Sign out and sign in to the Creative Cloud desktop app.
  • Reset ID preferences manually and restart the machine.
  • Uninstall all the versions of InDesign including preferences and then install the 2023 version only.

After each step, you need to try to publish. Please check if that helps and share the results with us.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Just wanted to give a quick update here on this thread. I haven't had time to trouble shoot on the 2023 version of InDesign because of deadlines right now but since rolling back my InDesign version the the last 2022 version I have had no issues with the Publish Online feature.

Could be a quick fix for anyone with current deadlines but I will get back to troubleshooting the 2023 version when I have a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, @RyanIzokaitis. Please keep us posted, and we'll try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Apologies for the delay - I updated my InDesign back to 2023 (v18) last wednesday (Nov 16) and have had no issues using the Publish Online feature. Both publishing a brand new document and updating an exsiting one are working completely fine.

Thanks for taking the time to talk and appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the confirmation and glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any assistance. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines