• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign-Acrobat Required Form Fields Do Not Highlight on Submit

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form in InDesign that has required fields. When I export it to Acrobat, I fill out the form in it's entirety but when I hit SUBMIT, it comes back with the following error, "At least one required field is empty. Please fill in the required fields (highlighted) before continuing." Once I hit OK, I expect it to show the missing required fields highlighted in some way but nothing appears. I searched the Forum but came up with a deadend. It mentioned searching for a JavaScript "validateRequiredFields" but I never found the script and even if I did, I'm not sure where I need to place it. Please Help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things: One, you should ask this in the Acrobat forum. Two, using a submit button in a PDF is nothing short of a crapshoot. If you want it sent back that way, you're far better off with a web-based form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Bob said, I'll add: Unless your form is extremely simple, almost all forms will require further refinement in Acrobat. InDesign lets you create the layout for the form and offers a subset of Acrobat features, but there are many, many features which are left out. In most cases, it will require learning how to edit and modify forms in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And in addition to that, you'd pretty much have to guarantee that the form would be filled out in Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines