• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Acting Up

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With GPU turned on I can move objects and see the frame edge as I move it allowing me to line it up with smart guides. However when I let go of the object the frame edge just stays there and the object doesn't move, it isn't until I perform another action (ex. scroll, move another object) that it registers. If I move another object though then that object "freezes" where I told it to go and I have to repeat.

If I turn GPU off and use CPU then I can move objects instantly without the "lag" but I lose my ability to see the frame edge and use smart guides to line up/space the objects I move. Has anyone else seen this or ran into it? I have uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign twice now.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The odd thing about this issue is that I was fully able to do all of these things on Friday and when I started my Mac back up yesterday things were all messed up. I have compared my settings with another co-worker and we have the same items selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried another version of Indesign but that still didn't work for me after encountering this.

I tried clearing the software data, it helped for a few minutes until I cleaned up my drive onto which it's installed.

Kindly try out these and see, could surprise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved by now.

In addition to helpful suggestions given by Mike, I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) if you still have these issues. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines