Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - Add text to frame

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am very new to indesign and can't seem to find an answer to my question. 

I have created a frame with an image in it and I would like to insert text over that image. I have created a text box and typed in what I want but when I go to place it over the frame I cannot see it. I have arranged it to bring it to the front but I still cannot see it over the image. 

Any help would be great!

Thank you. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

You experience text wrap.

• If this is a background image, select the frame with the image and inactivate text wrap. Menu > Window > Text Wrap
  • If you want to keep the text wrap for normal text, but wnat to add a caption above the image, select the caption’s text frame, cmd/ctrl + B, activate the option “ignore text wrap“. Better is to work with a specific Object Style (as for any other text frame type), where you activate this option and define also the caption text style.

Use also layers, lik

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You experience text wrap.

• If this is a background image, select the frame with the image and inactivate text wrap. Menu > Window > Text Wrap
  • If you want to keep the text wrap for normal text, but wnat to add a caption above the image, select the caption’s text frame, cmd/ctrl + B, activate the option “ignore text wrap“. Better is to work with a specific Object Style (as for any other text frame type), where you activate this option and define also the caption text style.

Use also layers, like Background, Images, Text, Page Number, etc, best in that order and with names (not the generic namaes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines