Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign - Adding an Image causes distortion / jagged text (Bit depth?)

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've recently had a few issues with InDesign when adding an image. It seems to vary depending on images - i.e. some JPGs and PNGs have no issues, and others do. Issues include - jagged text, desaturation of other affected images. Small example attached. 

Looking to find the issue, I was comparing JPGs with issues vs. no issue JPGs in image properties, and I did notice that the ones without problems have a bit depth of 24, while the ones with issues have a bit depth of 32. 

Is there an explaination for this / setting / fix for this issue? Any information is highly appreciated. 

Attached examples of before and after (adding a PNG) 

Before: before.png

After: after.png

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The color change is likely because the PNG is adding transparency to the page and that invokes the document’s Transparency Blend Space, which by default is CMYK. Try setting your Edit>Transparency Blend Space to RGB.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines