• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign artboard separate to main window

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Indesign artboard area is sitting seperately from the toolbar and rest of the window, with the close and minimise icons on the artboard corner and not on the corner of the full screen. I can't seem to work out how to get it back so it all sits toghether, might be a simple fix. I've tried resetting my workspace but not sure the best thing to try. In the screenshot you can see the space around the artboard window before there is the rest of the window.

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 11.44.54.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021
  1. Window > Application frame on
  2. Window > Arrange > Consolidate All Windows

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag the document window to the top of the main application window, it will snap into position. You will know when to stop the drag operation when the screen is highlighted with a blue boundary. See the following screengrab.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlm1qefudzql13j/screen%20recording%202021-03-20%20at%205.52.31%20pm.mov?dl...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just drag it up to the bottom of the upper tool panel and it will attach its self, make sure to have the below preference set.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 8.29.21 AM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. 

I have this ticked in my preferences and have tried dragging the window around to the top and to the side but for some reason the blue boundary is not coming up at all so it won't let me snap it into place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Window > Application frame on
  2. Window > Arrange > Consolidate All Windows

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have the same issue and couldn't fix it for months. This solution works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked for me was messing around for a couple of hours on and off trying to get this sorted was really annoying. Thanks for the solution worked straight away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Its worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you select Window > Application Frame. Then drag the windows to the right until you see the blue line and dock them in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines