• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign automatically changes PDFs with spreads to modified PDFs which come out blank

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to make small print pdfs (singles and spreads) without a problem, but now I can't make PDFs with spreads any more. As soon as I select 'spreads', the preset automaticlly changes to 'modified' and the PDF is blank. Now I can only make PDFs of single pages, which the client doesn't want. I have no idea what happened; I haven't touched any of the preferences or settings.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by replacing your prefs. See Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset will change to 'modified' as you modifed the settings - if you want to save this - you can by clicking Save Preset at the bottom of the screen.

I don't know what's happening with your PDF export - can you be more detailed and show us screenshots of your pages and pages panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 16.16.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This addresses nothing, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that is certainly not InDesign 2022, version 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I just tested this here with InDesign 2022 and see no issues with the PDF exported as spreads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I never. As mysteriously as the problem began, it went away. I am back to making DPS PDFs without a problem. Who knows. Thanks to everyone who responded to my cry for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines