• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign behaving wierd

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About once a day, InDesign starts acting odd - working fine as normal then it will pause for a few seconds and then speed up. If I press space, it will wait - then insert 20 spaces. If I press enter it will wait about 2 seconds then insert a load of line spaces. Same with characters, I can press a key - it will wait a few seconds then 10-20 of the character will appear. I have tried all sorts, restarting indesign, deleting preferences. Only thing that solves it is a restart. I have latest version of InDesign and a new M1 Mac so not using anything old. I don't have loads of add ons in InDesign and usually only have InDesign and Acrobat open so not a memory thingIts like it is on drugs.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are on a Mac - by any chance Sonoma ? If yes - InDesign is not fully supported on Sonoma so if you can - you should downgrade to Ventura - 13.6.2 or something like that.

Or if older version of Ventura - please update to the latest version.

For more bugs and glitches related to Sonoma - please search Google or this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few of us on our team that are having some issues in InDesign as well. All of us are running Adobe products 24. We are getting where if a text box is clicked on it moved just slightly and then we have to undo the move. We are also having issues with changing colors in our swatches panel. To change the color need to click on it a few times before it will change.

Two of us are running Sonoma 14.1.2 and another on 14.2.1, the other is on Ventura 13.6.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the person on Ventura 13.6.3 having the same issues as the three on Sonoma? As Robert Tkaczyk says InDesign is not yet fully compatible with any released version of Sonoma. If the person using Ventura is also having issues make sure that they are on the latest InDesign version 19.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines